Meal Plan Week #32

08 May 2017

Hello there, Monday!

I hope you had a fun and restful weekend. You GUYS!! I actually rested this weekend! Sunday after church, we went to Costco, came home, and had lunch. Then I put Zach down for a nap and I sat on the couch, put my feet up, and read a few chapters of a new book while I dozed in and out. Morgan took a nap on the other side of the couch and the girls played quietly. It was BLISS! Then we enjoyed some family time at the park and went to Dickey's for dinner. I loved every minute of it!

Last week, we finished off the rest of our Blue Apron meals and like I shared on my previous Meal Plan post, we weren't raving about the food again this week. #bummer

However, we did enjoy one of the side dishes and even one of my semi-picky veggie eaters declared it was her new favorite and asked me to make it again. It was this Sautéed Kale with Roasted Almonds.
I love kale so this was a nice surprise to hear and I'm happy I learned a new way to prepare it.
    


On Thursday, Morgan and I had the opportunity to go on a date night (we had to postpone our plans the week before b/c it just got too busy). We usually just order pizza for the kids to share with Gracie, our babysitter but on that particular night, I had some BBQ chicken already prepared so it was super easy to assemble my BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Baked Tacos.

This was the text I received from Gracie shortly after we left.
Ok, so three things I wanted to point out here:

1. To all you babysitters out there... when parents leave the house, do NOT start off a text to them with the words, "Oh my gosh." 😅 😜
2. I've been talking about BAKED TACOS for months now and clearly, these are a winner! You simply MUST try them if you haven't already. 😋
3. For these reasons, I'm once again naming them as our stand out for the week!


Ok, so on to this week! We're getting a nice reprieve from 100+ degree temps and we'll take it!
We even had some rain yesterday which is kind of crazy in May.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Meal Plan Week #32
  • Chicken Sausage and Peppers on Hoagies
  • Skinny Zuppa Toscana Soup
  • Pesto Chicken Bake
  • Taco Pie
  • Hawaiian Burgers
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -