I Have This Hope

05 May 2017


I was going to add this to my Friday Faves because it is most definitely one of my favorite things from this week but I decided it needed a post all of its own. Are you going through the storms of life right now? I can relate. I think we can all relate at some point. I try to keep this blog upbeat and positive and for the most part, it is but then there's life. And you know what? Life sometimes gets hard.

I've had a week of ups and downs. Of uncertainties and possible difficult decisions going forward. Time will tell. I also have a dear friend who's been hit with some weighty news and she's been heavy on my heart these last few weeks as she waits to hear what's next for her and her family. God did not promise the absence of trials but He did say numerous times throughout His word that He would never leave us or forsake us through them.

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” -Deuteronomy 31:8       

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9

This song met me right where I needed to hear these words and spoke so sweetly to my soul. It's my favorite song right now because it reminds me that whatever we're going through, I Have This Hope.

To us, things may seem unknown but not to God. He already knows and He has a plan and purpose for it all. Whether we find ourselves going through the flood or the fire, we can be sure, He will always be with us. I don't know about you but to me, that gives me such confidence and reassurance. It gives me the privilege of stretching my faith and focusing on the bigger picture, even when I have no idea what the outcome will be.


Trusting God isn't always easy but He's never let me down. In fact, He is faithful, even when I am not.
My hope is in Him alone and however He plans to use me and my life, may it all be for His glory.

Where do you place your hope? In whom do you put your hope in?
 

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -