Apple Cider Pork Tenderloin

27 October 2016


So, I've made this a few times now and the girls always LOVE it. Until this recipe, I had never cooked pork tenderloin in my slow cooker but now, I'm a fan! I love how versatile this dish is. We've had it over brown rice or farro (my new favorite grain!). You can also turn it into tacos or a fun topping for pizza or nachos. So YUM!

Last week, I made it to serve a crowd for our monthly Family Fellowship and Prayer. This time, I served it as sandwiches on potato buns. You can't really go wrong! 

Extra bonus: it makes your whole house smell like fall! :)

Apple Cider Pork Tenderloin

serves: 6-8 good sized servings

Ingredients:
1 (2-3 pound) pork tenderloin
2 liters (about 8 cups) of apple cider, divided (I use Spiced Apple Cider)
1 cup of ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions:
In your slow cooker, place your tenderloin(s) and 6 cups of apple cider. Cover and cook on high 6 to 8 hours.
About 30 minutes to an hour before you’re ready to eat, remove the lid from the slow cooker and pull the meat out and into a bowl (it will be so tender and fall apart immediately). Drain all of the liquid from the slow cooker. Place the meat back in the empty slow cooker and shred up all of the meat with two forks. Next, add your ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and remaining two cups of cider. Cover and cook on low another 30 minutes to an hour.

*In my opinion, fresh green onions (pictured above) are a superb addition. I only wish I hadn't forgotten to take them out of my fridge when we had FFP!! ;)

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -