Stop the clock

05 May 2015

These are just some of the precious moments around here I wish I could freeze.

photo 3 (11)

Morning story time with sissy. Look at his hand on hers… Adorable!

 

photo 2 (19)

Big belly laughs with Grace.

 

photo (34)

Everyone learns something during school time.

 

photo 1 (22)

Ready for church and looking like such a BIG boy!

 

IMG_8280

So happy to be bouncing.

Oh, Zachary.

You’ve brought so much joy to our family already. Your smile that lights up the room, your infectious giggles, your funny facial expressions, your curious little mind, and your deep belly laughs keep us entertained and falling in love with you more each day. How silly of us to ever think for a second that by adding a 5th member to our family, it would change anything but for the better. There is definitely more love (and faith) in our family because of you.

There are some days when I truly wish time would just stop. I wish I could keep you just the way you are and I would gladly take care of you, forever. But then, I realize that I would have to stop growing older, too. And sigh… judging by the recent sightings of gray hair appearing on my head (eek!), I know that that’s just not possible.

There’s no doubt about it. You’re getting bigger, buddy! You’re almost 10 months old and you weigh over 22 lbs. already. In fact, you’re bigger than your sisters were when they came home at almost 12 months. 

Speaking of your sisters. Aren’t they AWESOME?! To say that they love you would be quite an understatement. Have you received enough kisses from them yet? Between all of us, you’re probably feeling smothered in kisses. :))

Well get used to it, buddy because we just can’t help it. We’re making up for lost time and then some.

 

photo 1 (23)

Birthday Suit. :))

 

photo (35)

His favorite: BATH time!

 

photo 2 (18)

My darling little boy.

 

photo 3 (10)

Because of you, son I think I may have a better understanding of what Abraham and Sarah must felt like when Isaac was born. You will forever be my visible reminder of God’s providence and faithfulness in my life. You’ve already taught me so much more about Him and about love and courage. And how the two are often accompanied by the willingness to lay down our lives for the sake of others.

In many ways, I feel like I’ve been given a second chance to parent. And although I love all my children the same, there’s definitely something to be said about a “daddy’s girl” and a “mama’s boy.” They hold your heart just a little differently, don’t they? The girls’ first word was “da-da” but I swear yesterday, I heard you say, “ma-ma.” :))

I’m so grateful to God (and to your birth mom) for choosing us to parent you, Zach. I feel so undeserving yet so honored and privileged to be able to watch you grow and help shape you into who God has called you to be.

What a purpose He has for you!

Changing

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -