Touch the Sky (The Song Story)

14 April 2015

Touch

Touch the Sky is no doubt, our family’s favorite song right now. It’s another amazing song by Hillsong United. In fact, as soon as they embark on their North American tour, we hope to take the girls to their first concert! Perhaps the thing I love most about this song (other than Taya Smith’s vocals) are its lyrics. No real surprise there, right?

What can I say? I’m a word girl. And these particular lyrics are full of paradigm.

Upward falling, spirit soaring.

I touch the sky when my knees hit the ground.    

It doesn’t take much living to know that life is full of drastic opposites. 

Joy-sadness//Light-dark//Highs-lows//Love-hate//Life-death.

My favorite line in the song is, “I found my life when I laid it down.”

I find this to be so true. Even though I still struggle with laying down my life, I can’t help but think God gave me these precious children of mine to teach me this very thing. It’s a choice I get to make daily. The choice to surrender it all to Him (for Him) and not let my controlling nature and pride get in the way of myself.

True freedom lies in the beauty of this sweet surrender and it’s only then that we really do, touch the Sky.

I always enjoy hearing the stories behind the songs. It gives me a glimpse into what inspired the artist to write the song in the first place. I hope you enjoy the story as well as the song. :))

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -