What I Need in the New Year…

30 December 2014

I Need

In just one more day, 2014 will be history. For some, January 1 brings the fresh scent of hope, possibility, and the potential to start anew. For others, we take that opportunity to make longer lists, to organize ourselves better, to do more, be more.

Maybe you’re setting new goals this time of year? I get that and I have a few of my own to pursue but I’ve also lived through enough new years to know what brings temporal happiness.

For me, 2014 has been one of the most challenging years to date. I guess you could say it would be totally normal for me to want to kiss 2014 goodbye. However, in spite of one of the hardest years of my life, I’m nothing but grateful for each and every moment. My circumstances allowed me to walk more closely with the Lord this year than ever before. As a result, I experienced first hand, how His covenant promises apply directly to me and how His grace abounds through the deepest of waters. I faced many fears this year and perhaps worse, I experienced desperate unknowns. All I could do was surrender it over to a Sovereign, Holy, Loving God who can bring about redemption through ashes and triumph out of pain. He knows what’s best for me.

I bet all of us can recall trying times in our lives and yet the Lord’s presence was so very near. These are the moments that can change us forever, if we allow them to.

This year, I’ve never felt so small and yet so significantly LOVED by my Father in heaven. 

He used a brand new life and a life passing into death to teach me more about love. He took everything I thought I knew and He stretched me to depths far beyond my comfort zone.

In many ways, I feel like I’m only scratching the surface of what it means to love, to really love. I have so much more to learn.

No matter what lies ahead in the new year, I don’t need longer lists or to be anything more than I already am.

He knows me and I am convinced the only thing I need more of is Him.

 

Get to

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -