Grace Accepts Christ

04 January 2012

Heaven is for Real
Today was the day!  I had a couple of other posts I thought about composing and sharing today but this unexpected blessing trumps them all!  And deserves it’s own day. 
Happy Spiritual Birthday to our daughter, Grace! 
After reading the book Heaven is for Real (for kids), she asked the Lord to come into her heart! 
A little background:  I borrowed the adult version of the book from my sister-in-law, Lucy and read it when we were on our cruise in October.  I started it one day and ended up staying up until 2AM to finish it.  I’ve read other books on the topic of heaven (more on that later), but this one, coming from the perspective of a child was fascinating- not to mention, truly inspiring!  The next day, I was filled with excitement and peace about our eternal home and as I recounted the details and shared them with Morgan, the girls were equally fascinated.  Truth is, they’ve always been excited about the prospect of heaven. 
Upon returning from our trip, I found out that a kids version of the book was also available.  When Grandma asked the girls what they wanted for Christmas, they chose a few things from the catalog at the Family Christian Store and this was one of them.  Up until Christmas, every time they saw this book in the stores, they pointed it out and hoped that Grandma & Grandpa would choose to get it for them.  Of course, being the wonderful grandparents they are, they did. (smile)
We’ve been on a whirlwind of reading books since Christmas and honestly, this one somehow got stuck towards the bottom of our pile… until last night. 
I wish I could bottle up the moment and accurately describe Grace’s countenance as we read this book together.  Every page was an emotional and joyful experience for her (something I’ve never seen in her while reading a book).  Several times throughout the reading, she would snuggle my arm and say, “Mama, I love this book best of all!”  At the end of the book, there were some questions.  Not questions to answer but more of a Q&A from people who had asked the little boy more details about his experience.  When Grace saw there were questions, she asked, “Does it ask you if you want to ask Jesus into your heart?”  I took a quick glance at the end and replied, “no.” 
Once we read through the entire Q&A part, we closed the book and I asked her…
“Do you want to ask Jesus into your heart?” 
She said, “Yes!”
So right there on the couch, we called daddy out of his office and as a family, we got to pray with her and witness the spiritual birth of our second born daughter!  Oh, what JOY!!
As parents, there is truly nothing more important to us than to have our children accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and to be certain of where they will be spending their eternity. 
The truth is, Grace has always believed.  Perhaps more than her sister, she represents the epitome of having that “child-like faith” that Jesus describes in the bible.  Faith can be more of a thinker and a questioner but God naturally made Grace full of innocence and trust.  Therefore, in her heart, we knew that she “thought” she was saved.  If anything happened to her, we were confident that she would call upon the Lord and trust in Him.  However, because she believed that she was already saved, we weren’t sure how or when she might actually ask the Lord into her heart and make it new. 
I even thought that maybe her sister would be the one to lead her to Christ but thankfully, I’m not the one who’s in charge.  God knows exactly what He’s doing and of course, He had a plan all along!  He used scripture, along side the words and experiences of another child to bring my precious Gracie to Christ.  Hallelujah!  Thank you, LORD!! 
You are so good and faithful.  The giver of every good and perfect gift.  We are OVERJOYED!!
“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” ~3 John 1:4
*
*
On a side note, I think it’s time to share the Power of 2. 
I know it sounds pretty silly but I’ve always thought the number 2 has had some significance when it comes to the girls. 
  • First of all, they’re twins. (smile)
  • Their birthday is on the 22 day of March. 
  • They were born 2 minutes apart from one another. 
  • They’ve always been 2 lbs. different (Faith has always weighed slightly more than Grace). 
  • And now, their spiritual birthdays… you guessed it!  They’re 2 months apart!  And almost exactly to the date! 
Isn’t that fabulous how God works?!
I’m so grateful they have each other.
*
*
Thank you, Jesus for answering our most heartfelt prayers!
We’re looking forward to celebrating tonight with a special trip to Cold Stone Creamery!
The Letter 'W' said...

awesome!!

Hailey said...

Welcome to the family little one!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -