Faith Accepts Christ

07 November 2011

Faith 01A
An important prayer was answered today.  I may not always remember this exact date but I wanted to try and capture the details here.  Today is the day that Faith asked Jesus into her heart. 
It all started off as a typical Monday morning.  Morgan left early for work and the girls came downstairs around 7 AM.  We read some books together on the couch and then had breakfast.  By 8:00, we were still sitting around the kitchen table, diving right into our bible study lesson.  We were about 3/4 of the way done when out of the blue, Faith asked, “Mom, when we get done with bible study, can I talk to you upstairs in my room?  It’s private.” 
I simply said, “Yeah, sure.”  I didn’t think anything of it and I had no idea what was coming.  It’s not often she requests “private” conversations with me but at the same time, it wasn’t too peculiar either.
Once we finished, we went upstairs to get ready for the day.  I asked her what she wanted to talk to me about and she quickly asked if Grace could give us some privacy.  Grace went into the playroom next door (eager to play dolls) while Faith closed the door behind her.  I sat on the floor in the middle of her room as she came over to sit across from me. 
Me:  So, what did you want to talk about? 
Faith:  I realize that I’ve been sinning and I need a Savior.  I don’t want to sin anymore and I want to ask Jesus into my heart.  Can you pray with me? (Her exact words). 
Me:  Really?  Are you sure?  Why do you think you need a Savior, Faith?  (I only asked her this, because I wanted to know if she really understood what she was doing and more importantly, the why behind it). 
Faith:  Because sometimes I’m not nice to my sister and I don’t always obey you and dad.  Then she gave me a few examples…  good examples.                  
After hearing her out, it was obvious that she fully understood.  Over the past week, I could really see her struggling with her own sin so I know the Holy Spirit must have been working on her heart.  I said, “Ok, honey let’s pray.”  At this point, I don’t know why but I thought I’d be praying first.  To my surprise, she held my hands, bowed her head and began asking God for forgiveness in her life and then asked Jesus to come into her heart and make it new. 
I asked her if I could pray, too and concluded by praising the Lord, thanking Him for the gift of my daughter, and then asking Him for His guidance and protection over her life. 
We hugged, rejoiced, and went on with our day.  But not before she confessed something else she had blamed her sister for.  She told me the whole story and then she walked over to her sister, explained the offense, apologized and asked for forgiveness.       
Of course, I quietly called daddy and told him the wonderful news.  He was overjoyed! 
I have to admit, I’ve always been a little apprehensive when I hear about children accepting the Lord at such a young age but at the same time, this has also been a prayer of ours from before our children were born.  When (and if) the time ever came, we wanted it to be natural, authentic, and of their own free will.  I’m so thankful that the Holy Spirit does not disguise itself.  On the contrary, He reveals himself in truth! 
I feel incredibly humbled and privileged that God would allow me the gift of witnessing such an incredible moment with Faith.  
Of course, accepting the Lord as her personal Savior isn’t going to keep her from sinning but it will assure her salvation; all the while, beginning a new and real relationship with God through Christ.  Hallelujah! 
Morgan and I couldn’t be more happy for Faith.  She’s proud of the decision she’s made and already today, she seems to have a new peace, confidence, and maturity about her. 
Thank you, Lord for Your Sweet Blessings!  We continue to pray for both our daughters.  In all things, we know how faithful You are and we trust You wholeheartedly as we wait on Your perfect timing.
Jesus said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”  And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.” ~Mark 10:14-16
The Letter 'W' said...

what a blessing! there is no greater joy than to see our children come to christ!!!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -