50 Rules for Dads {with Daughters}

01 December 2011

I don’t know how many dads actually read my blog but if you’re a dad with a daughter, this may catch your attention…

I happen to know some super dads out there but for the most part, it’s not a huge shocker to know that our culture is lacking when it comes to committed fatherhood.  I believe fatherless homes are a key factor in higher rates of poverty, failure in school, teen pregnancy, substance abuse, violent crime, depression, and ultimately, a loss of hope. 

Every child needs a dad they can count on. 

This article of 50 “Rules” was written by a man.  I thought it was not only cute but also a good reminder for all fathers whose God given role is to love, protect, model, coach, and encourage their kids. 

Dads, your active presence and involvement are so desperately needed today. I hope this article not only brings a smile to your face but more importantly, encourages you to live out your calling and privilege.

*Incidentally, if you haven’t seen the movie, Courageous you need to.  We need more honorable and courageous fathers who will stand up to do what’s right, not what’s easy.  It’s a well done movie.  You’ll be inspired and encouraged.  I promise.

“It is easy for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.” ~Pope John XXIII

“It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.” ~Anne Sexton

Hailey said...

That's great! Derek's been doing #44 as have I and we sure enjoy doing it. such a great list. . . can't wait to share it with D. thanksfor the post.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -