The Fastest Woman in the World

30 November 2011

Wilma Rudolph captured three gold medals in one Olympics, an extraordinary feat for any athlete.  The accomplishment was even greater for Wilma, who overcame physical disability, poverty, and racism on the path to the 1960 Olympic Games in Rome, Italy.  Born two months prematurely, Wilma wasn't expected to live.  She was always sick as a young girl. After she contracted polio at age four, doctors said she would never walk again.  But with her faith, determination and the help of her loving family, Wilma beat the odds.  Not only did she walk again--she ran!

Truth is, I had never heard of Wilma Rudolph before I read this book.  Her faith and determination are something to be admired.  I love how the story starts as Wilma, the little girl.  Grace and Faith could totally relate.  By the end of the book, the girls were saying, I wanna be just like Wilma!”  This was truly an inspiring biography about a girl who overcame much adversity.  We’ve learned many lessons from Wilma already. 

Wilma Unlimited is a true gem of a find…  In fact, I found it at a thrift store.  I won’t even mention how much I paid…

You know me, it was practically free (smile). 

Needless to say, we are looking forward to the Summer Olympic Games!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -