Zach Accepts Christ

16 July 2020

Year six has already started off with a bang for this kid. 
We're only 9 days past his birthday but yesterday was monumental. 
Our boy accepted Christ as His Lord and Savior! 



A couple of weeks ago, I came downstairs after tucking him into bed and I told Morgan that Zach was starting to ask some really good questions about life, death, heaven, hell, etc. 

Honestly, that surprised me because as his mom, of course I prayed for his salvation but I thought it would come at a much later date. Only because generally speaking, boys mature later than girls. 

After reading Devoted: Great Men and Their Godly Moms by Tim Challies last month (highly recommend for any mom raising kids), I was inspired to start praying out loud for Zach's salvation, allowing him to hear me pray for his soul-- that he would one day, come to know Christ as His personal Savior and spend eternity with Him in heaven. 

Little did I know how quickly God would answer those prayers.

Yesterday afternoon, totally on his own volition, Zach started asking some deep questions again. I answered as best I could in words that were age appropriate for him to understand and one thing led to another.
I honestly thought we might continue this conversation when I tuck him into bed at night but Zach wasn't waiting a moment longer. He said he wanted Jesus to live in his heart so he could live forever with Him in heaven one day. I asked him if he wanted to pray and he did! But not before grabbing his sisters (Morgan was at work). We sat on the couch and he started praying.

He couldn't wait until dad got home so he could tell him the great news! 

God saved Zach's physical life in the NICU as a sick infant, but today, He saved his soul. This is the most important prayer that God has ever answered for our precious son. And for me to be able to witness all of my children's salvation on this side of heaven has been the greatest gift.

Thank you, Jesus. My boy loves You. 

And we rejoice with the angels that his name is written in your Book of Life.

 God, you are so good to us! 


2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -