Brave New Year

01 January 2019


Before I go back and finish up the year with a couple of Christmas posts, I thought it was only fitting to ring in the new year with some reflection. Can I be totally vulnerable here and tell you that 2018 was a hard one for me?

In many ways, I'm so glad to see it go. I started cleaning up Christmas decorations 2 days after Christmas.😐 For more than I care to remember in 2018, I struggled with anxiety and fear (which isn't my norm).
I'm typically a "glass half-full person" who thinks positively and believes for the best. And yet, some circumstances left me feeling desperate and afraid. For the first time in my life, I went to the doctor for some crazy symptoms I was having (convinced I was dying!), only to be told my body was reacting to stress.
Wait, what??  

One of the things I think I can attribute this to is the hysterectomy I had back in March. I've read that the loss of estrogen (whether naturally or surgically) can have that effect on many women.

Call it whatever you like, I'm taking back my brave.


It's not lost on me that I named my blog, Brave Soul.
It's not so much a declaration of who I am, but who I aspire to be, who we're called to be... who I want my children to be.

Can we all just agree that adulting is the pits?

However, John 16:33 tells us,


God does not always promise us easy days. He does, however, help us to overcome them by His power.
There were many, many days in 2018 that I begged God to take things away from me (real or imagined).
Looking back, He did.
He protected. He provided. He delivered.
Because that's who He is.

He has never let me down and He has kept every promise.

I love new beginnings and fresh starts.

With a new year comes new goals and some changes for more living. Purposeful living.
(I'm excited to share about that in the next few posts.)
(Not gonna lie, just writing this post is therapeutic.)

So, how was your 2018?
Maybe you need to kick fear in the face, too? Maybe you need this reminder.


Whatever 2019 brings, let's walk hand in hand with God, doing the next brave thing.


2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -