Summer's Last Stand Part 1

13 September 2017

 Hi friends! We're back from vacation and it's been quite a whirlwind this week! We officially started back to school on Monday so I'm just now getting a moment to post some of our vacation photos. If you follow me on Instagram, you saw some of our trip's highlights there as well.

We were blessed to stay at the Welk Resort in Escondido for the week.

 We stayed in a two bedroom villa that was about 1,300 sq. ft. and fully equipped with all the amenities a family would need for the week.


This was our living room with the patio, just beyond that. The bedrooms were large and on opposite sides of  each other.  


With cool mornings, I had to take advantage of sitting outside.


 I also loved all the hills around the property. My legs were sore!


 Zach enjoyed himself on all the playground equipment.





The girls had a blast on the waterslides.


Zach would've loved to join them but he was too small so he just watched.


The girls had plenty of activities to choose from each day.


They made 3 different experiments in this Science Lab.


 This one was called Elephant Toothpaste.


They also made slime.


 Zach enjoyed being outside as much as possible.


 We sampled some yummy things at the Farmer's Market that happens on the property that evening.


 I tried on some new hats and had to take a picture with my phone because the vendor didn't have a mirror.
P.S. I didn't buy this one. The wide brim just wasn't for me and besides, Morgan said I looked like a tourist!


The girls and I tried some amazing Kenyan food and we loved it so much, we took it home for dinner that evening. Morgan got a fantastic barbeque plate with chicken, ribs, potatoes, and grilled veggies. Yum!


 That evening, we had to watch the finals of American Ninja Warrior!


Everyone in our family loves this show.


 Rise and shine!


 Cutie pie!


 Zach's first time fishing.


 My little buddy.


He couldn't get enough.


 This picture is deceiving. He had zero patience.


 He just wanted to play with the pole! Ha!


 And that's when it all happened.

Morgan caught a fish and he and Zach reeled it up. I took some adorable pictures (which we will never see). At the same moment, Grace caught a fish on her line but it got away and she needed more bait. I was helping her with her bait when something made me jerk and before I knew it, my phone flipped out of my hand and right into the lake! Yup, I watched it sink into the marsh and yes, I almost immediately jumped in to try and save it (hello? it was an iPhone 7 plus 🙈). But between the frantic commotion, the vegetation at the bottom of the lake, and the silt that was being stirred up because I was walking around up to my chest, it was impossible to locate.We tried for about an hour (Morgan got in the lake, too) before security came and told us to we had to get out. Wah!!!

And that, my friends, is the main reason why I couldn't blog while I was gone that week.

Thankfully, we had insurance on the phone and after making some calls and filling out some paperwork (thanks babe!), we were sent a new phone to the resort, in less than 24 hours.

Ah, the memories! 😂

Stay tuned for Part 2!


2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -