Mother's Day 2017

17 May 2017

 We started the morning early at church. They had set up this cute little bench with lots of greenery and this darling sign for moms to take a photo with their kiddos.


After church, we headed to breakfast at the Café at Shield's Date Garden. We had to wait a little bit for our table so it was the perfect time to stroll through the gardens and take the Jesus Walk.


"Let the Little Children Come to Me."
Oh my goodness, how I love this picture. Zach was trying to hug Jesus, too.   


 "Your King comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey." -Zechariah 9:9


Love these two men in my life.


 And these two ladies.


The girls enjoyed their date pancakes (of course!) and Zach got a Mickey pancake. Breakfast was spectacular! The food was incredible, the weather was perfect, the scenery and the live music all added to the ambience of the morning. I could not have asked for a sweeter time with my family!


And then the kids showered me with cards.


How sweet is this?


 And they even got me a gift! A bread maker!  


Making bread at home has always been a bit intimidating to me but I found out months ago, even Joanna Gaines uses a bread maker to make her bread! I mentioned it to Morgan a while back and he listened. 😄
A bread maker has never been something I felt I wanted to splurge on but all my kids are bread lovers and I am so tired of all the tasteless bread in the stores. This gift was actually from the girls (they paid Morgan for it) but it benefits the whole family! I can't wait to bake my first loaf! Stay tuned!
    

Another sweet surprise for Mother's Day came from Super Sue, Zach's spectacular NICU nurse. She sent this beautiful arrangement of edible fruit. She said she lost her mother 2.5 years ago and she wanted to send me something in honor of her memory. Wow. I'm still so humbled and honored that she would remember me and do something so warm and kind. Sue, you have a very special place in our hearts!


 This was the photo I sent thanking her. The fruit is SO good! We've been enjoying it like lollipops!


Later in the afternoon, these two took advantage of the amazing cool weather we've been having by going to the skate park for some daddy/son time.


 Taking a break from all that riding.


While the boys were at the park, I took the girls to see the movie, Born in China. We loved it!

My mother's day was absolutely fabulous but you know what? Everyday with my people is pretty special. How undeservedly blessed I am!

On this Mother's Day and every day, I am especially grateful for 4 mothers. First, my own mother who has poured her life into me and continues to be a source of strength, grace and dignity in her 70's. Thank you, mom. I love you. Second, my mother-in-law, whom I think about almost every day. She has gone to be with the Lord but her legacy lives on daily as I witness my husband serve us (and others) with the same love and compassion she did. We miss you dearly, Grandma. Lastly, on Mother's Day, I can't help but remember Faith & Grace's birth mom and Zach's birth mom. Without their sacrifice, I wouldn't be celebrating this day at all.

I can still remember the days when I prayed for all the things I have now. Being a mom is by far the hardest and greatest job I have ever known. Some days, I feel like I fail at it way more than I succeed. Loving people is hard. Heck, loving myself is hard, too. Believe me, my kids see the absolute worst in me and some days, I think to myself, "Really, God? Why did you choose me with all my flaws?"

Whatever you perceive about me through this blog or in person, I can assure you that I am no Mom of the Year. My mothering is not sufficient. Only He is sufficient and only He can fill up the holes, for all of us. So on a day like Mother's Day, when my family just wants to celebrate me or give me sweet heartfelt notes, I'm overwhelmed by God's grace and humbled by His love and faithfulness.

Thank you, God for giving me this life and the privilege and joy of being a mother.


  
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -