Meal Plan Week #20

13 February 2017


Week #20?? Say what??!!

I started officially meal planning back in September last year and aside from a couple of weeks where we were on vacation, I've stuck with it week after week. I have to say, having a weekly plan has been crucial to managing my time and my family's meals.

All this to say... BRING IT ON, WEEK #20!

We were busy last week. The girls were all kinds of giddy about a Valentine's Day Party at CBS and we had a fun time preparing Valentines for their friends and making brownies for their teachers.



As I've said a million times, baking is truly not my thing but I got a brilliant "cheater" recipe from my friend, Heather so even I, can now make decent gooey brownies. We topped them with festive V-day colored M&M's and wrapped them up individually for a sweet little treat.


On Friday night, Morgan and I got out for our second date night of the year. Woo-hoo! Hey, we're on a roll! We celebrated an early Valentine's Day at our favorite sushi restaurant, Okura! #neverdisappoints
We also stopped by the Verizon store and I finally got my Christmas present. I know, that's not very romantic to do on a date night but sometimes, you gotta take advantage of the opportunity and do things you've been putting off. #yayforanewphone     

Also, for our date nights, we've been specifically choosing to go out on a Friday. We want to spend a full weekend with the kids and going out on Friday, just seems to make the weekend last longer. Also, just to make date nights easier, I do NOT cook on those nights. Some days, it's hard enough, just to freshen yourself up after a busy week! Can I get an Amen? The last thing I want to think about when trying to get ready to get out the door is what to cook for the kids (and Gracie, our babysitter.) We order a pizza and I always have a store bought Caesar salad waiting for them in the fridge. Done and done!

On Valentine's Day this week, we'll be going out on a family date to celebrate. We've had a gift card to Old Spaghetti Factory for months now so I thought it'd be the perfect time to use it.

I enjoy making days like Valentine's Day special for my kids so we also have small gifts and a simple V-day breakfast planned for that day. Can't wait to celebrate my little loves!

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Meal Plan Week #20 
  • Teriyaki Salmon & Broccoli Bowls
  • Old Spaghetti Factory- Family Valentine's Day Dinner!
  • Spinach Artichoke Chicken Bake
  • Fish Tacos
  • Orange Chicken 

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -