Meal Plan Week #17

16 January 2017


Whew! We had a fun and busy weekend (which is why this post is going up late in the day). Daddy is off today for MLK (Yay!) but we still had co-op this morning. We hope to relax the rest of the day and get caught up from the weekend.

Here's the stand out from last week's menu. Well, at least I thought it was!



I'm always looking for yummy ways to make fish more appealing to my family. For dinners, we mostly eat salmon (and tilapia). Right now, their favorite is Teriyaki Salmon. I usually make it in a rice bowl with steamed broccoli.

This Crispy Garlic Parmesan Salmon wasn't their favorite (they still prefer the Teriyaki version) but I absolutely loved it! It was simple to make yet had an elegant presentation. If you know me, you know I'm sort of a salmon freak. I can (and have) eaten it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! I'm so glad I made extra because twice for lunch, I got to enjoy the leftovers during the week. I had it with a bowl of quinoa and fresh veggies with lemon squeezed over the top. Oh my! Now that's my kind of lunch! Perfection! Give it a try if you're looking for a new salmon recipe. The flavorful crunch on top and the fresh lemon, mixed with the flaky, meaty bites of salmon were divine.

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm looking for ways to make healthier dinners for my family. As I thought about it some more, I realized I already lighten up where I can and I'm conscientious about the ingredients I use. However, I could probably boost up more grains and veggies while decreasing the carbs a bit. What can I say? My family loves their pasta and breads. This week, I'm amping up the protein and cutting out a lot of the carbs. We'll see what the family thinks. 😉

Here's what on the menu this week:

Meal Plan Week #17
  • Kim Chee Fried Rice (I typically make this with brown rice and pack it with all kinds of veggies and protein, like chicken and scrambled eggs)
  • Chicken Broccoli Cheddar and Bacon Bake with Quinoa.
  • Taco Salad
  • One Pan Roasted Sausage and Veggies
  • Chicken Lettuce Wraps

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -