Meal Plan Week #15

02 January 2017

Happy Second Day of 2017!

I took the last week off from posting my meal plan (but that doesn't mean I didn't have one). My mom brought us Korean BBQ for Christmas so two out of the seven days, we feasted on that.  


We special requested it because... 1. I wanted something easy to prepare for our Christmas Day dinner.
2. We all love it. 3. It reminds me of my dad.

We agreed it wasn't quite the same as when my dad cooked it for us but it was still a special treat. Meals like this are my way of including him in the holidays and remembering the food and the moments we had together. It's the same reason I make his Turkey Soup every year after Thanksgiving, whether I host the holiday or not. (Thanks for letting me take home the leftover turkey and bones this year, Lucy!)

Speaking of Lucy, I was finally able to organize all my recipes into one large recipe book over the break. Lucy is my talented and super organized sister in law. For years, she's had all her favorite recipes in large, hard cover, 3 ring binders. They are separated by tabs and covered in protective sheets. Makes sense, right? Especially since we print so many recipes off the computer. Mine on the other hand were scattered about on pieces of paper, scratch pads, small recipe cards, and stuffed in drawers. It feels so good to start the New Year with all my go-to recipes in one place! As always, thanks for the inspiration, Lucy!

Yesterday, we finished packing up all the Christmas decorations and officially said goodbye to 2016.  Since daddy is off today, we look forward to hanging out and spending time with him. Can 2017 hold more 3 day weekends, please? Starting tomorrow, we hit the ground running. I don't know about you but a meal plan is just what I need to simplify my week.

Here's what on the menu for our first week of 2017:

Meal Plan Week #15
  • Baked BBQ Chicken Tacos
  • Chicken Tortellini Soup
  • Beef & Broccoli
  • Cincinnati Chili Spaghetti
  • Italian Sausage & Veggie Sheet Pan Supper   

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -