A new chapter.

31 August 2015

book

Is it just me, or has summer has gone by in the blink of an eye? Just 19 days left until we move into our new home and the clock is ticking. On top of moving and packing, there’s lots of change happening around here. This summer will definitely go down as a new beginning for our whole family.

Perhaps the biggest change affects the girls.

On September 8th, the day after Labor Day, the girls will officially be going to school.

There are various reasons why Morgan and I made this decision. I can tell you it wasn’t easy but it was the obvious one and one that I’m quickly coming to terms with and embracing as each day passes.

Looking back, I can now see the Lord’s hand in this as He gently placed this possibility on my heart last summer. Even though we always said we took homeschooling year by year, in my heart, I guess I wanted to believe we would homeschool for the whole duration. Since last summer, I went through several periods of denial, hard-headedness, avoidance, and fear. I finally got to a point where I was humbled enough to accept the fact that OK…maybe ONE DAY down the road, this would/could happen. But in all honesty, that’s where I wanted to leave it.

Little did I know, ONE DAY is suddenly HERE. And all those loose pieces that maybe didn’t make sense as they were happening, just fell into place. 

Ultimately, my sentimental emotions and the fact that I would miss the girls terribly did not win out. Neither did my selfishness, pride, or anxiety about sending them to school for the FIRST TIME EVER after 6 years of homeschooling. We had to choose what would be best for the girls during this particular season of life. Undeniably, for our family, it was school.

I almost cried in the principal’s office last week. That’s how tender my heart was at the thought of letting the girls go. I did cry on the way home. Why? Because I just knew in my heart God was asking me to TRUST Him with this and I’m not gonna lie, it was hard.

It’s still hard.

But God. He is FAITHFUL. He knew I couldn’t let them go unless all the little details fell into place. And He knew it would be very difficult for me to say yes unless Morgan led the way. We couldn’t be more pleased with the girls’ new school. It’s really an answer to prayer and then some. In many ways, it’s an extension of our church and I could not ask for a better transition for them.

And what about the girls? How are they feeling? Are they scared, nervous, excited?? YES, YES, and YES!!! They are all of those things.

 

DSC02973

I’m so grateful they have each other. Nine going on 10 is a big change, in and of itself. They are not little anymore. They’re becoming beautiful young women. We could not be more proud of how smart, strong, brave and mature they are. We’ve planted the roots, now it’s time to let them bloom.

 

psalm-1-1-3

We look to the Lord because we trust Him to know what’s best for our family. We cling to His word and His promises because we know He is faithful. We go when He says GO because we want to obey and grow and live the life He’s called us to live, even if it scares us. And although it makes us uncomfortable, we understand that faith means taking risks. And Jesus didn’t come, just so we can play it safe. He’s proven to us time and time again, He knows what’s best and He is good.

Change is undoubtedly the hardest thing in life to go through. Rarely do we ever feel completely ready for it. Sometimes, opportunities are presented to us and we just have to take that leap of faith to see what God has in store.

I’m sure I’ll be writing much more on this subject of school but for now, prayers would be greatly appreciated during this time of transition for our family. Most of all, if you see the girls, have an encouraging word and be excited for them as they start this new chapter of their lives.

And maybe give mama a hug, too. :)

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -