The Iconic Palm Springs Date Shake

25 March 2015

photo (28)

So our recent trip to Shield’s Date Garden inspired me to try making my own date shake. After all, we live in the date capital of the world! If you haven’t been to Shield’s, it’s worth a little trip. It’s kitschy and nostalgic. At least for me it is. My family has been coming to Palm Springs for the past 40 years.

Anyway, the last (and only) time the girls and I tried a date shake, it was extremely rich and sweet. Well of course it was! It’s made with ice cream! I was so glad I only ordered one for the three of us. We couldn’t even finish it! 

Here’s my healthy version. The nice thing about this one… you can enjoy it everyday. :)

Healthy Date Shake 

(makes 2 servings)

1 banana

4 lrg. pitted dates

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. cinnamon

1-2 cups ice (depending on how thick you like it)

Blend, blend, blend.

Slurp and enjoy!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -