Homemade Ranch Dressing

17 June 2014

Ranch Dressing 008

Ranch Dressing 003
Hey, at least there’s no crazy chemicals involved.

Ranch Dressing 005
Whisk it all together in a bowl…

Ranch Dressing 007
And store it in the fridge in a mason jar.

Ranch 003
Homemade Ranch… It’s about time!
I’m notorious for always having a veggie tray in my fridge at all times. Why? Because they are so EASY to pull out and serve throughout the day. I can pull it out for lunch, dinner, and a snack. When finished, I pop the lid back on and in it goes, back in the fridge. I sometimes make my own veggie trays and store them in large rectangular sized Tupperware. Other times, I just buy a ready made tray from the store. I know they’re much more expensive that way but hey, sometimes we pay for convenience. (Spoiled and lazy, I know).
The veggie tray is largely responsible for how the girls learned to eat different kinds of vegetables. At first, it started with the standards: carrots, celery, broccoli, and tomatoes. Then, I started adding veggies like cucumbers, tri-colored peppers, and sugar snap peas.
Sure, they liked some more than others but they always knew they had to eat 2 or 3 of every kind of veggie on the plate. (That’s a standing rule over here). We also made fun games out of it like, Who could eat a tomato without making a face? Which then turned into, How many tomatoes can you eat without making a face? See what’s happening here? Work with me.
Anyway, all this to say that we have a couple dippers in our house. You know, people who like to dip their veggies all. the. time. Ranch is the quintessential dip for crudité but I’ve never been super impressed with any of the store bought brands or packets.
Ranch was one of those things I knew couldn’t be that difficult to make. I just never did.
Well, this beats any store-bought ranch I’ve ever tasted. It’s light and lively. It’s got that fresh, “free of chemicals” taste. And, it only takes 5 minutes of your day to whip up.
Plus, it’s now a fabulous base for other dressings like Blue Cheese, Cilantro Lime, Chipotle Ranch…
Oh, the possibilities!
Homemade Ranch Dressing
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt 
  • 1/2 cup milk (or buttermilk)
  • 1 tsp. parsley flakes
  • 1/2 tsp. dill weed
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
Mix everything together and store in fridge for about 30-60 minutes before serving.
*Use less milk if you like it thicker.
*Fresh herbs would be amazing here, too!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -