Homemade Cherry Limeade

25 June 2013


Summa, in a glass!

Cherry Limeade 003A

Cherry Limeade 012A
Kids enjoy getting involved when making any kind of treat, don’t they?

Cherry Limeade 013A
Sometimes, you have to call in the reinforcements… especially when it comes to muscle.

Cherry Limeade 021A
Finally, 1 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice.

Cherry Limeade 030A
Frozen cherries.

Cherry Limeade 024A
And simple sugar. If you’re lazy like me, just buy some.
 
Cherry Limeade 027A
Muddle away!

Cherry Limeade 033A
The recipe made quite a bit so we had to use two jars.

Cherry Limeade 037A
My little taste-testers.

Cherry Limeade 036A
The longer it sits, the darker red it becomes.

Cherry Limeade 042A
Cheers to their second glass and a refreshing treat on a hot afternoon!
Apparently, Cherry Limeades are a staple at Sonic. I’ve never been to a Sonic before but I can only imagine how sweet the drink must be.
I don’t care for sweet, artificially flavored drinks but this homemade version peaked my interest.
I thought it might be something my family would enjoy…
I was right!
Plus, I got all the credit for giving them a tasty new treat and unbeknownst to them, they actually did all the work! Winking smile
Homemade Cherry Limeade
  • 1 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1 cup simple syrup (or mix 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water until sugar is dissolved)
  • 8 cups water (or clear bubbly drink of choice)
  • 1 cup frozen cherries
  • ice
Enjoy this sweet and tangy summertime beverage!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -