Locks of Love

06 February 2013

San Diego 253

The day finally arrived!

 San Diego 255

 

San Diego 257A

SO ADORABLE! 

 San Diego 270A

It’s amazing what a little girl’s heart can inspire one to do! :)

(My haircut was totally unexpected… NOT planned!!)

 

 

A couple of months ago, our sweet Grace came to us one morning and said she felt like God was asking her to donate her hair. Ever since then, she’s been patiently growing it out so she could donate the minimum of 10 inches. 

The day finally came and true to her character, she never wavered on her decision. In fact, she couldn’t wait!

I had planned to get a little trim myself that day and jokingly, I asked her if she wanted me to cut mine like hers. Perhaps it was her bravery that swayed me. Or maybe, it was her answer to my question…

Me: “Grace, do you want mommy to cut my hair short like yours?” 

Grace:  “Mommy, you don’t have to. It’s your hair so you can do anything you want.”

  All this, coupled with the fact that my hairstylist is quick with his scissors… and there you have it. 

This girl teaches me something new everyday.

We are so proud of her.

Unfortunately, we know too many loved ones who have been affected by cancer and subsequently, hair loss. We pray this small gesture through Locks of Love would bring some sense of normalcy to those who are fighting the fight. 

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -