Hello, October!

02 October 2012

Fall Dcor 004A
It seemed as though August would never end and yet somehow, October is already here.  It was time to put away the porcelain white birds and bright hydrangeas of spring and summer. 
October brings us the promise of cooler temperatures, baked pumpkin goodies, and the wonderful smells and spices of fall. 
Despite the fact that we are experiencing a heat wave of 111 today, I refused to let that thwart my joy of welcoming in a new season.  A quick stop to JoAnn’s and we picked up some fall-like fabric from the clearance section. 
I love the way the banner turned out.  It’s homey, cute, and practically says, “Welcome Fall.”
    
Fall Dcor 005A
A trip to the Pumpkin Patch and the front room will soon be complete. 

Fall Dcor 007
The girls enjoyed a little art project of their own…

Fall Dcor 006A


Fall Dcor 008


Fall Dcor 009


Fall Dcor 014
Is there anything more fun than painting?

apple banner 2

apple banner
I hung this sweet apple banner above my kitchen window.

Fall Dcor 039
Oh YES I did make soup in 111 degrees!!  I’ve waited all year to make one of my favorite soups. Hailey’s Italian Sausage Soup is and was amazing. 
We enjoyed it with crusty bread and it was worth every drop of sweat while eating it!
Welcome, October!!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -