Grace gets baptized!

30 September 2012

Grace's Baptism 002A

We started the morning with Resurrection Rolls!

 

  Grace's Baptism 003A

As requested by our little Princess.

 

Grace's Baptism 008A 

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” ~Mark 10:14

 

Grace's Baptism 011A

Uncle Val, Grandpa, and Grandma came to celebrate with us!

 

Grace's Baptism 009A

As well as Hapajee, Halmoni, and Ms. Marsha.

 

Grace's Baptism 014A

Her friends also came to support her and cheer her on!

 

Grace's Baptism 015A

Their friend, Natalie got baptized today, too!

 

Grace's Baptism 019A

here she goes…

 

Grace's Baptism 020A

Move over, Pastor Rick… my daddy is going to baptize me. :)

 

Grace's Baptism 021

Overjoyed!!!

 

Grace's Baptism 022A

Natalie & Gracie, sweet friends.

About two weeks ago, our Pastor at church said, “If anyone wants to get baptized, you will have an opportunity to do so at the end of the month.  Please check this box (on a card) to let us know.” 

Grace asked for a pen. 

Then she checked that box.

I mentioned it to Morgan at the end of the service and he said, “Let’s talk about it first.”  A couple of days went by and she mentioned it AGAIN.  When I asked her why she wanted to get baptized she told me two reasons:

1.  “Because the Lord is calling me to.”

2.  “Because I want to follow Him for the rest of my life.”

Me:  Hmmm, those are pretty darn good reasons.  (In fact, they’re the best reasons of all!) 

Me:  Ok, I’ll talk it over with dad.   

Another couple of days went by and she went to CBS.  There, she told her teacher and her classmates that she was going to get baptized!

Me:  OK, Lord. I got it.  I’m calling the church today. :) 

The entire two weeks that led up to today, she never wavered in her decision.  In fact, she got more and more excited as the day approached.  If you knew our Gracie you might also understand that this is a bit out of character for her.  She can be a little wishy-washy at times.  However, she has the most innocent spirit!  Her gift is one of follower so she happily follows her sister around and actually enjoys it.  It never bothered her that Faith wasn’t ready to get baptized.  Grace was merely obeying what the Lord had called her to do. 

Thus far, in her short life, she has witnessed many baptisms. However, she had never witnessed a child getting baptized.

None of that mattered. She was on a mission… toward her next step of faith.

To say that I was proud of my little girl would be… mere words.  The feeling I had inside my heart was too much to contain.  It all came swelling over… in tears… happy, humble tears….

Lord, You are so faithful and good to us!  Thank You for the honor of witnessing something so beautiful and so pure.

And to have Morgan be able to baptize his little girl was so incredibly special! 

Lord, we are confident You will complete the work You have begun in all of us!  Like sweet Gracie, may we be obedient to Your call!

After church, we celebrated with a yummy brunch back at the house.

Such a special and joyfilled day that I will never forget!

“Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” –Mark 10:15

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -