Mandoo Making Party

09 September 2012

My mom preparing the filling.  



Showing the girls how to make their first mandoo.  



 Ta-dah!  Grace's first one!



 Faith gettin' busy. 



 Her first mandoo. 



Multi-generational mandoo making. 




Faith got very creative with her shapes. 



We made about 90 of them! 



 Lightly pan fried and smelling lovely!



Lookin' good!



 They were so tasty!!



 Yummy!




























I have many fond memories of sitting around the kitchen table as young girl, helping my mom and grandmother make mandoo.  Mandoo is the Korean word for dumpling.  If you're wondering, in China, they're called potstickers or wontons.  In Japan, they're called gyoza.  All essentially the same thing.

Since my parents were coming this weekend, I asked my mom if she could bring all the ingredients for a mandoo making party.  Traditionally, they're made with veggies and meat but ours were all vegetarian with cabbage, green onion, garlic, and tofu.  THEY WERE DELICIOUS!!

The girls LOVED learning how to make these little packages from Halmoni and accompanying me on my stroll down memory lane.

We all feasted on our mandoo and we still have plenty left over to freeze.

Pan-fried or steamed- tasty little dumplings that are fun to make and even better to eat!

Thanks for the new mandoo making memories, Halmoni!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -