Two Weeks with Bonnie

26 May 2012

Some of my favorite photos from our two weeks of dog sitting.

dog walk 038A

 

dog walk 031A

 

dog walk 019A - Copy

 

dog walk 025A

 

Paper Dolls 014A

Bonnie didn’t like being left alone so she would follow the girls upstairs and they would read to her.

 

Dog 009

 

Dog 010A

Love this one!

 

Dog 015A

My, she looks like such a big girl!

 

Dog 025A

More reading…

 

Dog 023A

Bonnie also liked listening to the piano. 

 

Dog 076A

“Bonnie and Me” by Grace.

We gave Bonnie back to our friends this week and I’ll have to admit, it was sort of bittersweet.  Faith, especially became very attached to her and cried huge crocodile tears when the moment finally came.  Amidst the tears, she managed to say, “Now I know what it feels like to love someone and then have to let her go.”  “Mommy, have you ever had to do that?” 

Such understanding and insight for a six year-old, I tell ya.

Despite the tears, she also said she was grateful to have had the opportunity.  It was truly a wonderful experience for the girls in every way.  They really took good care of Bonnie and never complained about anything-- including picking up her poo or taking her for a walk.  A few times, they even ran with me and enjoyed it! 

Faith also said, “When I grow up, I’m going to get a dog just like Bonnie and name her Bonnie.”  “I’ll never forget her as long as I live.” (sniff, sniff)

I’m so thankful she really was a terrific dog with a sweet and gentle spirit. 

Something tells me, it’s not the last we’ll be seeing of dear Bonnie…

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -