the joy of hospitality

12 April 2012

Pinned Image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The joy of hospitality has been one of the greatest blessings of this new home, thus far.

As a matter of fact, I think I’ve had more guests in the last 2 months than I’ve had all of last year.  Every week, I’ve been inviting friends over for tea on the patio or a play date with the kids.  My aim is to make people feel welcomed, comfortable and valued.  Sometimes, I make a homemade treat to share and other times, I’ll just pull out whatever I have in my fridge or pantry.  Either way, it’s just my way of showing them that they’re special to me.

It’s funny, I used to be a stressed out mess, the whole day before anyone came over.  It was no fun for me, my kids, or my husband- trust me.  It’s probably because my idea of hospitality felt more like entertaining.  But through the grace of God, I’m learning to let go and focus on blessing rather than impressing.   And it feels good!

This “new” house is by far, the oldest and most imperfect house we’ve lived in since we’ve had the girls.  And it’s here, that we all feel the most comfortable!  Ever since we sold our first house a couple of years ago, this was something that I’ve been praying for so I can’t help but Praise the Lord for allowing me to begin leaving a legacy of hospitality, not perfectionism!          

Last weekend, we even bought a new bed for the extra bedroom so now we have plenty of space for overnight guests as well.  In fact, I can hardly believe it… 3 out of the 4 weekends this month, that bed will be filled with visiting friends or family.  Thank you, Lord!

"When you entertain, you bring honor and glory to yourself. Showing hospitality brings honor and glory to God." ~Author Unknown

“The ornaments of your house will be the guests who frequent it.” ~Author Unknown

Hailey said...

so proud of you my dear friend. You are so hospitable always and I love your thoughts about it used to being more entertaining, and therefore stressful! Just amazing!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -