oh, hello there

23 February 2012

I know I’ve been away for a while. 

Truth is, my thoughts have been elsewhere and I’ve been slow at getting back into my routine. 

Yet all the while, I seem to be quietly creating a new routine, here in our new home.

It’s been good. 

No, make that more than good. 

It’s been lovely. 

In the last couple of weeks, on top of all the small changes,

We’ve experienced a move, the illness (and hospitalization) of my father-in-law, and the passing of a dear family friend. 

Big stuff. 

And not exactly stress-free kinda stuff.   

Through it all, I’ve relied less on my words and my computer, and more on my bible.

Despite the upheaval that life can often bring, the Lord has graciously quieted my soul and encouraged me seek and treasure the simplest of joys.

Like watching my girls laugh hysterically as they play on their tire swing

or

The beauty of being able to sit and enjoy a lovely cup of tea on a sunny day.

Sure, there are still plenty of boxes to unpack but for the most part, we’re nested and comfortable. 

We’re finding ourselves in the beginnings of new season. 

And something new is definitely happening here, in my heart.

I’m not quite sure what it is yet,

But I like it.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -