Summer School {at it’s finest}

29 July 2011

I woke up and asked the girls what they wanted to do this morning. 

I know, a novel idea, huh?

They said they wanted to go to the zoo but I vetoed that because of the heat (and also because we’re planning to go next week with my brother in town).

Their next choice was the pet store.  In the life of a 5 year-old, I guess that’s the next best thing to the zoo. 

OK, the pet store it is! 

In one of my more finer home educating moments, I decided to let them take pictures with my camera.  They were told they could take pictures of anything they found interesting. 

We got back home, reviewed the photos, then they chose something to draw in their nature journals. 

Once they were done with their drawings, we took some time to look up interesting facts about their pet of choice.

 

Grace chose the Blue Parakeet.  Here’s the picture she took and her drawing next to it…

Pet Store 044APets 013

DID YOU KNOW? 

The Blue Parakeet:

- Comes from Australia

-Usually blue, yellow, or green in color

-makes a nice pet because they are cheerful and social

-trainable

-life span of 15-20 years

 

Faith chose The RAT (she actually thinks they’re cute).  EEK!!!

Pet Store 026A

Pets 014

RAT Facts:

-trainable to do simple tricks

-has poor vision

-can eat chocolate

-a group of rats is called a mischief

-average life span of 1 year to 18 months

 

Some other photos the girls took…

Pet Store 012APet Store 029

Pet Store 048

Pet Store 051A

Pet Store 055

Pet Store 035

Photography, art and interesting facts…  

 

School- a simple reminder to me that it can be whatever inspires one to learn.  

 

Pet Store 003A

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -