Mango Lassi

30 July 2011

mango
Saw this drink on Pinterest, which by the way, is my new source for anything lovely, fabulous, and inspirational!  I just knew I had to make it.  A lassi is a popular yogurt-based Indian smoothie.  It can be sweet or salty.  Often made with mangoes, spices, or rose water (which I’ve had before and it’s quite interesting). This is the photo that inspired me. 
Doesn’t it look refreshing on a hot summer day?!
 
Mango lassi 009
The main ingredients.  I made a healthy low-cal version.

Mango lassi 026
Dice up the mangoes.

Mango lassi 051
Add yogurt and coconut milk.

Mango lassi 057
Some honey to taste.

Mango lassi 062
Add crushed ice…

Mango lassi 063
I decided it needed a pinch of salt to bring out the flavors.

Mango lassi 089
Slurp up with your favorite lassies!

Mango Lassi Recipe
2 ripe mangoes diced (frozen would work here, too)
1 cup plain yogurt
2 T honey (to taste)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup crushed ice
Blend and serve.
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -