Spiced Pumpkin Honey Muffins

20 May 2011

Who says you have to wait ‘til Thanksgiving to make anything pumpkin?
The girls and I love pumpkin.  We’ve been out of muffins for a couple of weeks now so it was the perfect time to try out this recipe I got from my friend, Lani.
(My attempt to get all the ingredients in the picture).

Pumpkin Muffins 001A
Basically, it’s pumpkin puree, wheat flour, applesauce, honey, baking soda,
egg whites, and spices.
My little ballerinas in the kitchen make me smile. Smile
Pumpkin Muffins 014
*Think pumpkin pie meets gingerbread cookie.  Yummy! 
Pumpkin Muffins 029A
Plus, the whole house smells all comfy and holiday-ish! 
So moist, so healthy, and oh so good!

Spiced Pumpkin Honey Muffins
1/2 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
3 egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup honey
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (I didn’t have this so I skipped it).
Preheat the oven to 350*F. Spray muffin pans with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, egg whites, applesauce and honey until well blended. In a separate bowl, mix white whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
Hailey said...

Okay- that's hilarious-! That's actually Jera's recipe that I gave to Lani!! Those are the ones we make all the tim-e and we LOVE them!

The Duncan Family said...

those look amazing...and fairly healthy! Love it!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -