Burlap Spring Wreath

07 March 2011

You can tell I must be feeling better... I'm starting to get craft inspired again. :)
There's a spot above my kitchen pantry door that seemed empty without the Valentine wreath I had up there last month. I've been wanting to replace it with a springtime decoration but something general, not covered in eggs or screaming "Easter" just yet. On one particular craft blog, I saw a wreath made with burlap and it looked interesting. I thought I'd simply tailor it to fit my need and the season.

I adore the texture and dimension the burlap gives. I used white burlap with a pretty sage green ribbon. Other than being kinda messy, the project was easy peasy and less than $10. Gotta LOVE that. I also like the fact that I can add different embellishments to the wreath and reuse it in the future for different seasons and holidays.

Everything you need.

4" strips of burlap.

Thread like so...

Add a pretty ribbon...

Happy Shabby Chic Spring!
Missie said...

WOW that is so beautiful, and easy. Might have to make me up one....the regular burlap might work well in my lil piece of country out here though! Thanks for sharing.

Hailey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE WANT WANT WANT!

Kari said...

Very cute wreath, Catherine. I'm impressed!

Unknown said...

This is so very,very nice!!!Michaela

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -