Valentine's Day

14 February 2011

They were asked to stay upstairs until I called them down for breakfast. Earlier in the week, I picked up a plastic red tablecloth at Walmart for $1. I liked it because of the fake lace trim. Other than that, I gathered what I had around the house. I looked for red, pink, or white colors. Although I'm not a big fan of the commercial holiday, I did want to make this day special for my family.
Any excuse to express more love is good in my book.

Unfortunately, Morgan had not been feeling well since the day before and when he woke up, he felt even worse. He stayed in bed and missed work, something he rarely does. My table was just about set when he came down for a glass of water to wash down some cold medicine. He also brought down Valentine's Day cards for all his girls. :)

Breakfast is served!

Good morning, sweethearts!

Table decorations...

Faith's place setting.

Grace's place setting.

My honeys.

"XO"

She loves her card.

Daddy is always so thoughtful, even when he's sick...

Later that morning, the girls and I left to go meet our friends for a Valentine's Day picnic at the park. Hailey organized a fabulous potluck and the kids enjoyed seeing their buddies and exchanging Valentine's. It was a lovely day with our sweet friends.

We love our friendships.

Thankfully, Morgan still had an appetite so I made one of his favorites for dinner, Chicken Enchiladas Verdes. Then we ended our Valentine's Day with this sweet treat...


They look big in the picture but they're actually only about 2 in. wide. The girls split one, Morgan had a whole one, and I tried to eat just half... NOT POSSIBLE!! Oh well, I can always work it off tomorrow. :)

My goal was to make this day special.

I hope by serving my family, my girls will learn to joyfully serve theirs one day.

Lastly, I'll leave you with one of my favorite passages in the bible regarding love. I wrote this in Morgan's Valentine's Day card.

*

*

*

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 ~The Message

This is Morgan. I'm so thankful for my husband who shows me what love really means. And thankful to a Gracious God who would allow His One and Only Son to die for me. All in the name of L-O-V-E.

Oh, Morgan and I did manage to go on a date night last Friday... here we are on the way to our church's Great Date Experiment. Fun!

My forever Valentine.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -