Martha's Village & Kitchen 5K

05 November 2010


I did it. I signed up for the Martha's Village & Kitchen's Thanksgiving Day 5K run/walk. Wait a minute? Is this really me or did someone hijack my blog? :-) Truth be told, I've always wanted to do something to help serve those in need on Thanksgiving but it never worked out well (timing wise) on the actual day. This year, even though all of Morgan's side of the family will be here for the holiday, I'll still have some time in the morning before everyone arrives.

It's been a LONG time since I've done anything like this; I'm talking like 20 years! Morgan has decided not to run but he'll be there with the kids, enjoying the festivities, and cheering me on. Trust me when I say that I'M NO RUNNER. I have no shame in walking a little but I'd love to run the whole 3.1 miles without stopping. I think I can do it as long as I run a really slow pace. Either way, I'm happy to donate my money to help serve over 300,000 families in our community. Plus, now I can feel good about stuffing myself later in the day.
A definite win-win!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -