World Changers

09 September 2010


We're raising two of them over here.

How? With God's grace and wisdom.

Why? Because it's what God has called us to do with the children He gave us.

Do what exactly? Raise our children to know, trust, and serve the Lord with all their heart. We want our kids to think outwardly, beyond themselves and our narcissistic culture. To be young women who have a heart for making an impact for Christ-- not only for their generation but for the Kingdom at hand.

Is this too much to ask of our children? It's not me that's doing the asking.

Is it difficult? Of course it is. Everyday is a new challenge. Everyday brings about the obvious... that I am not perfect. However, the enlightening part about endeavoring to raise world changers is the very fact that it's not about me. It's about Him.

The sobering realization... in order to raise a world changer, I must first BE a world changer!

Really, God?

As I sit here writing this on my laptop on the kitchen counter, I would be remiss if I said that I didn't already know this to some extent. Yes, in my small corner of my stay at home mom world, I have the power to be the change for Christ-- one word, one prayer, one smile, one child at a time.

Assessment time- Morgan and I have decided that there are some changes that need to be made to our lifestyle, our home, our time, our mind-set, and our priorities. Change is never easy but for us, we feel that God is calling us to demonstrate (rather than simply be an earful) to our children what a life fully committed to Christ may look like.

It'll be a slow and gradual change but one that I look forward to sharing as I start purging the unnecessary masks that we all sometimes wear. I look forward to being refined as I am actually longing for a simpler, more abundant life that walks whole-heartedly with the Lord.

God often calls us to do difficult things, but they are of His choosing and they are always beneficial and good and right.

I have complete confidence that God will guide us to the center of His will. It's taken me a while but I am finally getting to a point where I'm saying, "Ok, Lord, bring it on. I'm ALL IN. I'm game if You and my husband will lead me."

Hey, whadda ya know? Surrender can be sweet.

Like ourselves, most Christians are troubled by the world's economic, political, and cultural state, yet we sit behind the gates of our well-manicured communities, in our safe and comfortable homes, and do next to nothing. We have the awesome privilege and responsibility to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Not to wait, take cover, and hope for the best until the Second Coming. As a believer, we have been anointed by the Holy Spirit.

"May God bless you with anger at injustice, oppression, and the exploitation of people, so that you may wish for justice, freedom, and peace. May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you can make a difference in this world, so that you can do what others claim cannot be done."

We were born for such a time as this.

Can you feel it? It's called revival and it starts in our very own homes.
Hailey said...

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes. . . ."My darling, precious children . . . what I want you to become I must become myself." Elizabeth Prentiss from Stepping Heavenward. So true!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -