Homemade Granola Bars

29 April 2010

Toasted goodness...

Packed in a 9x9 baking dish.

Cut into bars and stored in an airtight container.

I made granola bars for the first time this morning and to my delight, I already had all the ingredients I needed in my pantry. Rather than all the nuts listed in the original recipe, I used almonds, walnuts and a small bag of trail mix that I had. The trail mix had various nuts like sunflower seeds and pistachios as well as currents and dates. I also used mostly cranberries and just a small amount of raisins. I adored the texture of each nut and fruit in the bar and overall, it just tasted so much better for you than the store bought ones. I also liked the fact that the recipe had very little to do with baking! :) My whole family enjoyed them so I don't think I can ever go back to buying another granola bar again. Next time, I'm adding chocolate chips to half the batch!
maxmillion said...

that looks awesome. love your blog you have created called Journey of Faith & Grace.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -