Handy Mandy

16 February 2010

Fixing the vacuum for me last week.

I love that Morgan takes the time to teach our girls how to be handy. I'll admit it- I'm no "Jill of all trades." Hey, maybe that's why I find crafts so intimidating? Anyway, Morgan used to joke and wonder how I've gotten by all these years without being handy at all. Yes, I can change batteries but that's about it. That's why I'm so thankful that the girls are learning a wide variety of life skills from their dad. They may be learning cooking and housekeeping from me but they've actually learned how to wash the dishes from Morgan (he takes the time to show them after dinner). He also calls them when he has anything to repair throughout the day. He patiently teaches them while letting them participate, hands on. They are getting to be pros at using a screwdriver and fixing the vacuum. I have a habit of getting it caught on something while vacuuming and then the belt needs to be adjusted in order for it to work properly. I think it's wonderful that they will eventually learn the basics about cars, sports, electronics, and anything else that dad is better at than mom!

It's moments throughout the day like this that Morgan gets to be an active teacher in homeschooling as well.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -