Chris Botti

15 February 2010

For Valentine's day, Morgan and I had plans to enjoy a leisurely lunch together, followed by the Christ Botti concert in the afternoon. Botti is a Grammy nominated contemporary jazz trumpeter and composer. I've always wanted to see him in concert so I was very excited to hear that he was coming to the McCallum. Well as we know, sometimes the best laid plans don't always work out.

This past weekend, Morgan ended up getting sick with strep throat and the girls were diagnosed with pink eye! By Sunday morning, my whole family was sick and it was apparent that Valentine's Day would have to be put on hold. At first, I was going to try and give the tickets away but it was all very last minute. Morgan insisted that I go to the concert anyway. After all, there was no use in seeing two tickets go to waste. As the afternoon came, I actually began looking forward to spending a couple of hours on my own. I rationalized that everyone in my house would be napping for most of the time I'd be gone anyway.

Well I'm so glad that I went! The concert was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL. From the very first note of Ave Maria, I wished that my valentine was by my side but I have to say that I truly enjoyed my time alone-a rarity these days. I have always loved jazz from the time I studied it back in college. Botti is someone that I'd definitely see again and next time, Morgan will be able to share it with me.
As I sat in my balcony seat, I was just so thankful that the Lord blessed me with this little break. After being housebound for most of this beautiful, 80 degree weekend, the two hours that I got to steal away was a great treat and so very appreciated.
Coombs said...

I'm glad you went too! Happy Valentine's Day and good job taking care of the family. A house full of sick family members is one of the hardest things (for me anyways).

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -