Ann

24 January 2010

This past week, my dear friend, Ann came to visit from Los Angeles. I met Ann while attending our previous church, Calvary Chapel in Pacific Palisades before we moved here to the desert. She is so very dear to me for many reasons. Ann was serving as the overall facilitator for Calvary's Oasis Women's Bible Study when we met and it was there that she allowed me my first opportunity to be a table leader. It was also there that I publicly shared my testimony for the first time. Through her example and friendship, she helped me develop a love for God's word, Beth Moore bible studies, and the incredible power of prayer. She has encouraged my walk with the Lord in more ways than she probably knows. She has prayed alongside me and interceded for me through some of my most challenging circumstances and she has shared in the joy of watching some of God's greatest blessings on my life. Even though we don't see each other or talk very often, she has always held such a special place in my heart. I was thrilled when she agreed to come speak for us at Mom2Mom. I have to say that this was actually one of those "full-circle moments" for me. Three years ago, when I first came to Mom2Mom,
I sat in a room full of other new moms and I didn't know a soul. As I sat there on my first day, I remember thinking that Ann would be a wonderful guest speaker for this mom's ministry. Little did I know that the very next session,
I would be asked to serve on the Leadership Team as a table leader and two years later, I would be serving as the Speaker Coordinator. God of course, knew all this was going to happen and in His Perfect timing, He worked out every detail- including getting her here safely on Wednesday morning through the torrential rain storm we were having. She gave an incredible and inspiring testimony titled, "Waiting Eagerly on God." It was amazing to hear her share about her life over the last 30 years. She had a powerful message on NEVER GIVING UP and today, she has been blessed with more than she could have ever imagined with her marriage and her 3 grown children. It was so GREAT to see her and to be graced by her presence again. I know that her story left many of the women feeling inspired, encouraged and strengthened. She is one of those people for me that even though we don't see each other often,
I feel very comfortable and right at ease with her- just like an old friend should be. I am typically the type of person who has many acquaintances and just a few close friends. Her visit reminded me that God created friends for all types of seasons to help us along life's journey. They encourage us when we need it the most. They see the good in us, even when they know we are broken. They are ready and willing to say a kind word and pray for our hurts as well as our desires. Thank you, Ann for traveling all this way to bless me, my family, and so many others this week. May God bless you for your courage and your faithfulness and may you continue to be a light for God's glory!

"Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -Anonymous
Hailey said...

What a wonderful morning it was. Ann was perfect for M2M and her testimony blessed my heart.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -