Birthday Blessings

17 October 2009

The girls picked me some flowers from our backyard.

Daddy and the girls making cupcakes the day before.

Taste testing.

Carefully working together.

Having fun!

Faith puts on the icing.

Grace adds some sprinkles.

Me and my precious girls.

Dinner at the Yard House.

The girls took a picture of us.

Can it be that yet another birthday has quickly come and gone? They seem to fly by so much faster after 30! The night before my birthday, Morgan and the girls baked some cupcakes. After all, what's a birthday without cupcakes?
By the way, I think we've found the real baker in this house. He made brownies a couple of weeks ago and boy, were they great!

On my birthday, Hailey invited the girls and I to stay after school for lunch. She had a picnic all packed and ready to go. It was so sweet of her! We enjoyed a beautiful day at the park- playing, eating and chatting away. It was lovely! Thank you, friend. In the evening, we sang happy birthday and shared a cupcake before heading to out to dinner. I chose the Yard House, not only because of the food but also so that I could watch the Dodger game. Too bad they lost but it was still a great game!

I'm now officially into the last year of my 30's and I must say how much I've enjoyed this past decade. For me, I think the 30's was all about embracing who I am and letting go of who I'm not. Looking back, there were some priceless lessons on grace, love, and sacrifice. I'm so thankful for all that God has taught me and will continue to teach me going forward. I actually love the fact that our wedding anniversary and my birthday are back-to-back. It's such a fitting combination and celebration. In so many ways, my marriage marked the start of a brand new adventure, a rebirth- a new beginning! Looking forward to many more anniversary and birthday celebrations and thanking God each day for allowing me the opportunity to praise Him!

The Letter 'W' said...

happy belated b-day my friend! i am so thankful for you!! hugs.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -