Week 2

15 September 2009

Vivien got to hold the flag for the pledge of allegiance.

Practicing writing the letter B.

Today we learned about the letter B, the color blue, beans and bubbles.

Teagan and Grace.

Teagan making his bubble art.

It's worship time!

This corner of the kitchen (along with some cupboards) is devoted to school.

Here's our wall of art work.

It's only week #2. Can I just share how excited and encouraged I am about homeschooling?! It's my week to teach and I am enjoying it immensely.
The kids did GREAT today! They are learning their second bible verse,
"Great is our Lord and mighty in power." ~Psalm 147:5

We are also learning about the letter B and some different things that relate to it. Even though it's only the second week of school, I am super impressed with what the girls have retained so far. I am feeling extremely fortunate and blessed to have this opportunity to teach my kids and invest in them. Most of all, I know that this is what the Lord wants me to do at this time in my life. There's something beautiful and comforting about being in the will of God and loving what you're doing at the same time. It certainly fuels the passion. I also enjoy the fact that homeschooling gives dads an opportunity to be involved with school life as well. There's so much to talk about around our kitchen table! All of the week's school work is displayed on our kitchen walls. It's the perfect opportunity to share and review our lessons. And let's just say that if the girls are learning a new scripture verse, so is daddy! We are looking forward to our first field trip this friday- a tour of our local fire station!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -