First Day of School

08 September 2009

All ready for school!

Cute backpacks from Pottery Barn Kids.

Big girls.

Class of 2024!

Our 4 students.

School is in session!

And so it begins... the girls started their first day of preschool this morning! We prayed about it as a family last night and again this morning. I've been slowly preparing the girls by talking to them about school for the last month or so. They are fully aware that they will be having 3 teachers and 4 students in their class. I have done my best at making it sound like an exciting, positive step, with lots of fun ahead. They were very excited about it this morning! They kept saying that they were big girls now because they were going to school. They also asked if they were going to ride on the school bus but unfortunately, mom's minivan would have to do. Shannon has the teaching responsibilities this first week, followed by me, then Hailey.

So, what did I do with my two hours of free time? I ran a couple of errands across town (rather quickly without two kids in tow!) and then exercised by walking around Shannon's gated community for the last 30 minutes.

How did I feel about my kids starting school? Honestly, I didn't get the least bit emotional or choked up. Maybe that's because we're doing the homeschooling thing. Truthfully, I was more excited for my girls. They are entering a new and exciting phase in their young lives and that's reason for celebration and optimism!

The girls enjoyed their morning and told me all about it on the way home. It was adorable. I heard all about how to take a stem off an apple, David and Goliath, painting with red paint, "head, shoulders, knees and toes," and how we live in the state of California. We had lunch shortly after we came home and the girls have been napping since 12:30. Yeah!

After the first day, here are some nice things I'm learning about homeschool...

-No pressures of back-to-school clothes shopping. Gotta love that!
-You don't even have to wear shoes at school- that goes for us teachers too!
-You get to play with pet dogs.
-You know and love all your friends (and teachers).
-Our kids get to learn and socialize in a loving, secure, and familiar environment.

I am in constant prayer over this new school year, our kids, and our families. May the Lord grow us and bless us as we endeavor to raise our children for Him!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -