Faithbooking

30 April 2009

The book is 11 x 8.5 in size.

Glossy pictures.

Treasured memories.

For the longest time, I've been wanting to take parts of my blog and put it in a hardback book. I loved the idea of passing on something tangible to the girls so that they can reflect on all of the milestones and lessons learned along life's journey. Some women are great at scrapbooking and make wonderful family albums but since I'm not the scrapbooking type, I just kept prolonging the whole idea of it all. Faithbooking is something that was started by my friend and neighbor, Rhonda Anderson. She also happens to be the co-founder of the company, Creative Memories. For over 20 years, Creative Memories has been helping people preserve their cherished family memories. Rhonda describes faithbooking as, "Creating a testimony of words and pictures of your own personal faith story." Essentially, it is recording those times in your life when you've learned something valuable or when you have a "God moment."

Rhonda also believes there are 3 important reasons for faithbooking:

1. It becomes a tool when we can reflect on the power of our own stories to increase our faith.

2. It also teaches our children by allowing them to share in our stories and faith through our experiences.

3. It will help guide us to make better decisions for ourselves in the future.

In a way, I felt like my blog had become my faithbook. When I first started this blog almost 3 years ago, it began as a way for me to endure the long adoption process. I had no idea that I was going to continue with it once the girls got home. Now, looking back, this blog has become a living testimony. It's not only fun to go back and see how much the girls have grown, it's also neat to go back and experience what I was feeling during a particular season in my life and how the Lord was growing me.

With the addition of digital storybooks, Rhonda first offered to help me when I met her over two years ago. For me, making a digital scrapbook was the perfect solution. I have a gazillion pictures on my computer with stories that are already written. I am excited to say that I'm finally making progress!

I recently uploaded the software and design templates and I just finished making my first book! Before tackling my blog, I decided to get familiar with the software by first making a family vacation book. Since our Disney trip was fresh on my mind, I made a 37 page, fun and colorful memory book. It arrived in the mail yesterday and I couldn't be more pleased! Not because I did such a great job on it, simply because I can now visualize what my blog may look like. It's always been a little worrisome to me that one day, I could just wake up and everything could be wiped out from my computer. At least this way, I can preserve the important moments.

My next step is to break the blog into volumes, year by year. I plan to make two copies every year so that Faith and Grace will have their own books to pass down. The girls have already enjoyed recounting all of our fabulous Disney memories. So far, we've gone through the book twice today! Now that I sort of know what I'm doing, I've also come up with some creative ideas for different books in the future.

Thank you, Rhonda for all of your gentle patience, help, encouragement and support. I know the Lord placed you in my life for a reason. Thank you for helping me pass on my story, for many generations to come.

As an old proverb reminds us, the palest ink is better than the best memory.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -