rain

08 May 2009

It's been a rough couple of weeks. Grace was the first to be sick, then, of course, it moved on to Faith. Both girls had a low grade fever for a day or two, a slight loss of appetite, and a lingering cough that lasted for about a week. It wasn't anything terrible but it was enough to keep us all housebound. Once the girls had all but recovered, then it was my turn. I became really sick Wednesday afternoon and Morgan has had to take the last two days off from work to care for the girls while I spent most of my time in bed. Thankfully, I'm starting to feel a bit better today as I was able to sit up and watch the girls play in their sandbox for about an hour this morning. After two days, a shower is still alluding me so once I rest up some more, that will be my next goal. :)

The saying goes, "When it rains, it pours," and in the midst of tending to a sick house, my dear 96 year-old grandmother suffered a stroke last week that has left her right side paralyzed. We drove into Orange County to see her last Saturday and it was an emotional and difficult time for me to see her in this state. I guess I knew that at her age, she couldn't live forever but I had always thought that she would just go peacefully in her sleep. Nope, not my grandma. She is as strong-willed as they come. She tightly gripped my hand as I sat by her hospital bed and wouldn't let go. Her eyes were filled with a mixture of courage, fear, and the occasional look of apology that I had to come so far to see her. I had a hard time that evening leaving her as I wanted to hold her hand throughout the night. Morgan was so good and kind to say that she wouldn't be alone. He said that Jesus would be there to comfort her and hold her hand throughout the night. I'm so grateful for my believing husband who gives me great reassurance and comfort when I need it the most. It's been almost a week since the stroke and she has now been moved into a nursing home facility that is located next door to the hospital. She is being fed through a tube and still cannot speak, eat or move her right side. All in all though, she is making improvements. In spite of what may happen in the days to come, I am filled with great peace and comfort in knowing that I will see my grandmother again in heaven. My grandma is a woman of great faith and conviction. She is the only grandparent that I have left and she is a part of every family memory that I can ever remember. Your prayers for her continued improvement and strength for my whole family would be greatly appreciated during this time.

The Lord sweetly brought the words of this song to mind this morning...

"Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free

Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain." -Bring the Rain by Mercy Me.

RitzFamily said...

Praying for healing not only for your family but also for your grandmother. May Lord wrap himself around your Grandmother, so that she will find great rest in his presence. For you I pray the Lord comforts your heart and takes away your worries. Just remember glory and sunshine always come after the rain!

Janette

The Letter 'W' said...

oh cat... so sorry to hear about your grandma! it is true when it rains it pours but as janette said sunshine comes after the storm. we will be praying for her and you. love you!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -