Saturday

25 January 2009

Having lunch outdoors.

The first time the girls eat smores.

Mmm...gooey and good.

Making their own.

What a treat!

Mom and the girls.

On Saturday morning, Morgan and I decided that it was about time to clean our backyard. We get so much dust out here in the desert. We washed down all the windows, outdoor furniture and pavers. The girls were happily occupied playing in their bounce house and getting wet by scooping pool water into their water wheel. Once we were done and since all the furniture was now clean, we decided to make the most of the beautiful day by eating lunch outside. That also inspired me to use our fire pit in the evening. I hate to admit it but since we've had it now for two years, we haven't used it very often. In the afternoon, I picked up some graham crackers and marshmallows while I was out grocery shopping to make it a fun experience for the girls. After dinner, we bundled up and headed out back to make some smores (minus the chocolate). The girls loved it and a good time was had by all!

This also inspired me to do a camping night at home as soon as it gets a little warmer at night. Morgan's not big on camping in a tent but I've managed to talk him into it. He says he'll do it only if I sleep in the tent, too. Thankfully, I think the tent we have will fit all of us. It would be a fun evening of barbecuing, coming inside to watch a movie, making smores, and then sleeping under the stars in the backyard. It will also be a good introduction to camping for the girls. We'll just have to make sure that we turn off the sprinklers that day. :)
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -