Hi Caffren

11 November 2008

About two weeks ago, Faith came up to me one night with a big smile and waved hi while saying the words, "Hi Caffren." As you can imagine, I thought I was hearing things so I said, "Excuse me? What did you say?" She proceeded to giggle and say it again while waving. I couldn't believe my ears! After all, Morgan doesn't even call me Caffren, I mean, Catherine. She must have heard my friends call me by name. When we speak about one another to our children, we refer to each other as Miss Catherine, Miss Shannon, Miss Hailey, and so on (you get the picture). It's a form of elder respect, kind of like a teacher. Anyway, she must have caught on and thought she'd give it a try. Since that first incident, she has called me this two other times and both times, she giggles as she says it because she knows that she's supposed to call me mom or mommy! Sheesh, kids!


Danielle said...

hahaha....that's too funny. How cute, I love it!

The Letter 'W' said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Unknown said...

hahaha that is too cute!!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -