Shannon's Baby Shower

15 November 2008

The diaper cake that I made with the help of my friend, Holly.

The party favors. The tag says, "Be a fan of adoption." Matthew 18:5

The courtyard.

Jen, Shannon, Ashley, Amy, and Ruthie.

Cindy, Karen, Hailey, and Glynda.

The ladies enjoy a beautiful day in the backyard.

Cake!

Shannon opens her gifts.

I passed along some silk outfits.

Cindy, Wendy, Glynda, and Shannon.

Faith & Grace had just come home from their special time with daddy.

Shannon & Cat.

It's a boy!

Love you, guys!

Today, I had the privilege of hosting Shannon's baby shower for her new son, Trey. Shannon and Josh are patiently waiting for some final paperwork to be filed and approved before they can travel to Vietnam. They received their referral for Trey at the end of July so they are hoping to travel by the end of this year. Trey is now 6 months old and living in an orphanage in Hanoi. It was my first experience throwing a baby shower and I think it went well. It was an Asian themed shower so I had lots of fun decorating and getting my creative juices flowing. We are so happy and excited for Shannon, Josh, and Teagan! Throughout the whole adoption process, they have been a wonderful example of trusting in God for every detail and because of that, they have experienced great patience and peace. Just a little while longer, guys!
Shannon, I am so blessed to call you my friend and soon, we will have even more in common. Hope you felt showered with lots of love and blessings today!

The Letter 'W' said...

Cat,
Thank you again! You are such a dear friend!! Everything was beautiful!! I am so excited to put everything away in Trey's room and hopefully to pack most of it soon to travel to VN.

Danielle said...

The shower was beautiful, love the fans. Looks like you girls had a beautiful day!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -