Say a little prayer for me...

03 October 2008

Next Wednesday morning, I am the scheduled guest speaker at Mom2Mom. Although I'm excited to share what the Lord has done in my life, I'm also a little nervous to speak in front of 75 women! The good news is that I feel very safe in this group. We are all moms coming together for the same purpose- to learn more about being the kind of woman and mother that God wants us to be.

I pray that a peace will flow over me and that my words will not only encourage others but more importantly, bring glory to the Lord.

When I focus on Him instead of how I'm going to look, appear, sound, etc., my nerves are perfectly calm. When my thoughts drift to me, well, I can easily become panic stricken. This whole process of preparing these last couple of weeks have reminded me of my own need and desire to rely on Him for everything. For that alone, I'm very grateful.

This will also be my opportunity to share some thoughts on adoption and what that means to us as a family, as well as to God. Normally, I would write the recap on our guest speaker for the M2M blog each week but next week, my dear friend, Hailey will write it for me. Thanks, Hai!

I would appreciate your prayers for me and for all the women that come that morning!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
-Philippians 4:13




Hailey said...

I'm so excited for you to share. I know the Lord will use you to bless the women! anxiously waiting!

The Letter 'W' said...

Have I mentioned how excited I am to hear you speak? But if you are talking about adoption I better bring lots of tissues!!!!! i will continue to pray for calm nerves and for the Lord to speak through you! Love ya!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -