Scripture

22 October 2008

Ever since we put Jeremiah 29:11 on the girls' bedroom wall ( about 3.5 months ago), we have made it a nightly routine to say it together as a family before the girls go to sleep. Over the last couple of months, we've heard them repeat most of the words with us but just this past week, Grace has been saying it on her own, loud and clear.

I must admit that at first, my hope was that they would be able to recite this verse in a couple of years. That's how much I know! I guess repetition really does pay off. It warms our hearts to hear our sweet girls repeat one of God's greatest promises. Our hope now is that they will not only learn to fully trust in God's word but that they would also keep His promises tucked deep in their hearts.

Here's Grace with her speedy version...

For I know the plans I have for you,
declares the Lord.
Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
Plans to give you hope and a future.
- Jeremiah 29:11


Hailey said...

amazing! something they'll both be able to call on at any moment. way to go mom!!

Unknown said...

Oh Catherine!! That is ADORABLE!! What an awesome job you're doing with your girls! I loved the video - thanks!!

The Letter 'W' said...

How precious to hear God's Word on the lips of children! Good job girls!Always hold those words in your heart.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -