No turning back

09 July 2008

Grace gets a little help from her sissy.

She needs some help getting her panties over her little bum.

OK, so based on how fast the girls have learned to swim, I decided that it was time to initiate some serious potty training. On Monday, I started by putting the girls in their Princess panties from 3:30-5:30 p.m., right after they got up from their nap. I gave them lots of water during that time and although I can't remember the exactly number, they had quite a few accidents. On Tuesday, I did the same thing but this time, they stayed in their panties for 4 whole hours! They made it through dinner and all the way to bath time. They each had a couple of accidents early on but considering the amount of times they went on the potty (10-12x's/each), it was a huge improvement from the day before. Morgan had to work late last night so he didn't get home til about 7:00. Lucky him, he missed all the excitement. Once we bathed the girls and put them to bed, I was completely exhausted. I probably looked like I had been through boot camp. I know that's what I felt like. I had spent an entire afternoon cleaning and wiping two little bottoms. Not to mention cleaning floors, potty seats, doing laundry, coloring, drawing pictures, playing ring around the rosie, losing and finding my patience, and making dinner. It was everything I do on a daily basis but it was packed into a non-stop block of time! While telling Morgan all about our afternoon, I found myself coming to a decision. I couldn't turn back. To turn back now would be to regress. It would probably even send mixed signals. Even in my dog-tired state last night, I decided that I must forge on.

I'm happy to say that today we started the day with no diapers. Other than our swim lessons this morning, the girls have been in their panties and managed to stay dry, right up to their 1:00 nap. Hooray! There is hope around the bend.

Morgan is going out of town on business tomorrow so I half-jokingly call this my "heck" week. We have been including potty talk in our prayers. You know, things like, "Lord, please help us to go pee in the potty, not in our panties and please give mommy lots of energy and patience." :)

By the way, in case you're wondering...
We're not doing any pull-ups. We went straight to the panties and avoided the middleman. The potty chair is now sitting in my kitchen to make it easier for the girls to get to in a hurry. We're spending lots of our play time on the tile floors versus the carpet. They get one M&M for each success during the day and only stickers in the afternoon. Too many M&M's get them excited and wired. I found that out, too. Actually, they are requiring fewer rewards as we progress. A simple high-five and atta girl will do sometimes. They're not ready to go out anywhere yet but hopefully, we can work on that next week. I suspect that the girls will wear diapers for their afternoon nap and at bed time for quite a while still. All in all, I know that this too shall pass. I wonder though.... who exactly is getting trained here?

Them or me?!

The Letter 'W' said...

HAHAHAHA. I'm so glad you are going through potty training before me!! Then you can pass along helpful hints when you are through it. Teagan actually went in the big potty last night for the first time and got a jelly bean. Now all day today he has been asking to try to potty b/c he wants a jelly bean. twelve times today... AND WE ARE NOT EVEN POTTY TRAINING...i wish he would forget about potties and jelly beans now! :)

Anila said...

YOUR patience ;-)
It is nice that you made a special entry about the struggle, you will see that one tends to forget the details, this will give you a lot of pleasure to read later on!

One thing I can tell you, you are doing fine and they are learning very fast.

Hailey said...

This gives me hope and stresses me out all at the same time! Great job Momma! I just wish we had tile floors when the time comes.

Coombs said...

That was a cute blog. I take from you - advice, insight and a greater understanding that I haven't even come close to experiencing exhaustion yet...yikes! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I'd suck their pussies all day long

Anonymous said...

I’d love to fuck them how old are they

Anonymous said...

Anyone know How to train my one year old daughter how to suck my cock? I just tried but she wasn't interested.

Anonymous said...

https://kor66zc.in/invite/i=260https://kor66zc.in/invite/i=260

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -